Residential Heating Systems Project Coordinator
Full time - Somerville, MA
We are seeking a Residential Heating Systems Project Coordinator to join our growing team. The Residential Heating Systems Project Coordinator will report directly to our General Manager and work closely with our Sales and Project Delivery teams.
The Residential Heating Systems Project Coordinator position is designed to be our leading expert in all HVAC energy efficient related projects. The Residential Heating Systems Project Coordinator will be responsible for identifying, developing, budgeting, and managing the full project lifecycle of HVAC related energy efficiency projects. Managing the performance and daily tasks of HVAC technicians will need to be the successful candidate’s responsibility.
We typically have several projects of all sizes running parallel to each other every week. Since our projects are in all stages of the project lifecycle, the Residential Heating Systems Project Coordinator needs to be highly organized with high attention to detail, follow-through skills, with a customer service approach.
- Conduct or oversee the detailed HVAC evaluations and energy audits with focus on residential heating systems.
- Quantify energy consumption to establish base line for energy use, then identify needs and prioritize energy saving practices and measures.
- Prepare audit reports containing energy analysis results and recommendations for energy cost savings for both single family and multi-family properties.
- Collect and analyze field data related to energy usage and heat loss calculations.
- Recommend HVAC equipment selection and review contractor submittals especially delivered fuel conversions to electric air source heat pumps.
- Perform cost estimates and coordination with subcontractors for pricing and installation approach.
- Educate customers on energy efficiency or answer questions on topics like the costs of running household appliances and selection of energy efficient appliances.
- Identify potential energy conservation measures, saving potential and recommend energy efficient technologies or alternate energy sources.
- Create detailed scope of work and design for home performance improvements and HVAC replacement including plans detailing equipment location and runs.
- Support project management guiding installation and leading quality control of HVAC installations.
- Licensed MA Refrigeration Technician or Licensed Refrigeration Contractor.
- Experience conducting home energy audits.
- Experience in Manual J & Manual D Load calculations.
- Capable of performing attic & confined space inspections for 30+ minutes.
- Knowledge of electric furnaces, air conditioning, and heat pumps.
- Excellent customer service & communication skills required.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license & be insurable by the company’s insurance carrier.
- Must be able to pass background check and drug test screening, etc.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook required.
- Experience in HVAC sales.
- Knowledge of airflow dynamics, duct sizing & design, and duct sealing.
- Industry qualifications including BPI Certification, CEM Certification, or CEA Certification.
- 5 Years experience working as a design mechanical engineer with experience in energy efficiency projects.
- Competitive salary that corresponds with level of experience and expertise
- Health, vision, dental insurance
- 401K matching plan
- Cell phone stipend
- Bonus pool participation
- Please submit your resume, cover letters are welcomed too!
- Take our behavioral assessment – it’s only 2 questions.