HVAC Operations Specialist
Full-time - Somerville, MA
We are seeking a HVAC Operations Specialist to join our growing team. The HVAC Operations Specialist will report directly to our General Manager and work closely with our Sales and Project Delivery teams.
The HVAC Operations Specialist position is designed to be our leading expert in all HVAC energy efficient related projects. This can be a physically demanding position as the Specialist may need to be on their feet for more than 8 hours a day, using hands to fingers, reaching arms above shoulder level, climb and balance, crawl, kneel and crouch as necessary, and must be able to regularly lift and/or carry up to 25 – 50 pounds of related materials. Given the nature of the work, the HVAC Specialist must be comfortable working in all kinds of weather conditions and think about safety measures necessary throughout the project lifecycle. We also plan to hire HVAC technicians who will ultimately report to this manager. Managing the performance and daily tasks of these technicians will need to be the successful candidate’s responsibility.
We typically have several projects of all sizes running parallel to each other every week. Since our projects are in all stages of the project lifecycle, the HVAC Specialist needs to be highly organized with high attention to detail, follow through skills, with a customer service approach.
- Conduct detailed HVAC evaluations and energy audits
- Quantify energy consumption to establish base line for energy use, then identify needs and prioritize energy saving practices and measures
- Prepare audit reports containing energy analysis results and recommendations for energy cost savings for both single family and multi-family properties.
- Collect and analyze field data related to energy usage and heat loss calculations.
- Recommend HVAC equipment selection and review contractor submittals
- Support project development efforts
- Coordinate with contractors for pricing and installation approach
- Inspect or evaluate buildings, mechanical systems, electrical systems, or process systems to determine the energy consumption of each system
- Educate customers on energy efficiency or answer questions on topics such as the costs of running household appliances and selection of energy efficient appliances
- Identify potential energy conservation measures, saving potential and recommend energy efficient technologies or alternate energy sources
- Create detail scope of work and design for home performance improvements and HVAC replacement including plans detailing equipment location and runs
- Support project management guiding installation and leading quality control of HVAC installations
- Manage on staff HVAC technicians (future)
- Experience in HVAC sales required
- Experience conducting home energy audits and BPI Certified
- Experience in Manual J & Manual D Load calculations
- Knowledge of airflow dynamics, duct sizing & design, and duct sealing
- Capable of performing attic & confined space inspections for 30+ minutes
- Knowledge of gas and electric furnaces, air conditioning, and heat pumps
- Excellent customer service & communication skills required
- Ability to work independently
- Must possess a valid driver’s license & be insurable by the company’s insurance carrier
- Must be able to pass background check and drug test screening, etc.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook required
- Competitive salary to match experience
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement matching plan
- Bonus potential
- Please submit your resume, cover letters are welcomed too!
- Take our behavioral assessment – it’s only 2 questions.