Full-Time - Somerville, MA
We are seeking an Executive Assistant (EA) to join our growing team. The EA will report directly to our CEO with a dotted line to our General Manager and work closely with our Senior Management Team. The EA is responsible for a wide range of duties and special projects that support the leadership team and CEO. Our work atmosphere is a small office environment where the EA will have a high degree of visibility and responsibility that will grow as our business does.
The core function of this role is to handle all administrative tasks to keep our CEO and General Manager’s day moving smoothly and efficiently. This includes managing calendars, tracking of expenses, preparing materials for meetings including research, agendas, prioritizing emails, office management tasks, cultural support, and completion of personal tasks. The EA may often attend meetings, take notes, and follow up with action items. The EA will know how to prioritize the CEO and GM’s time, anticipate needs, and address issues before the arise. The EA will also be involved in team culture initiatives like events and celebrations. The EA must be extremely organized, meticulous, reliable, diplomatic, and resourceful as this role will have a chance to move from tactical responsibility to more a strategic one over time.
The EA will positively impact our organization by super-charging the communications, productivity, execution, and effectiveness of the senior leadership team’s day to day activities throughout the organization. To excel in this role, the EA will need to be extremely responsive, thoughtful, extroverted, professional, and maintain a get-it-done right and quickly attitude. As a growing company this position will have good development potential and is not suitable for someone who is satisfied with average and constant predictable work. Cultural fit is an absolute must.
- Core Values Focused. Embody Paradigm’s core values, especially ‘Take the time to do it right’ to fulfill senior management needs.
- Flexibility. Flexibility with their working schedule to be able to jump between tasks and pick up urgent requests when required.
- Trustworthiness. Discretion when dealing with confidential and sensitive personal or business information.
- Organizational and Time Management Skills. Capacity to juggle multiple projects at once, knows how to manage a busy schedule efficiently, and can prioritize their own and other’s time.
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills. Professional verbal and written communication to make calls and respond to emails on our CEO and GM’s behalf.
- Computer Skills. High level of proficiency in the Microsoft Suite.
- Administer office and administrative duties of key senior management roles making their day to day easier
- Manage schedules and coordinate meetings and appointments while prioritizing the most sensitive matters making use of their time efficiently
- Ability to adapt to other duties as assigned as senior management and business needs evolve
- Establish and maintain interpersonal relationships by developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time
- Organize, plan, and prioritize work by developing specific goals and plans to accomplish your work
- Oversee calendar and time management, schedule and confirm appointments for CEO and potentially other members of senior management over time
- Anticipate and prepare miscellaneous materials needed for meetings, appointments, etc.
- Complete projects independently with limited direction and supervision
- Prepare and maintain expense reports
- Be an ambassador of our organization by communicating with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers and other external sources – through phone, in writing, in person, or by telephone or e-mail
- Coordinate and plan travel as necessary
- Establish and maintain paper and electronic files
- Other special projects as assigned, including occasional outside personal commitments
- Coordinate clothing purchases, gifts, etc.
- Personal assistant tasks may be delegated such as making travel arrangements or running day-to-day errands
- Plan and administer all company level events and trainings
- Experience working as an Executive Administrative/Assistant
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal; in person and on the phone
- Having a professionally strong presence to work with key decisions makers
- Ready to invest time and hard work to be a part of a leading energy efficiency company
- BS/BA in Business administration or related field preferred
- Ability to organize and analyze data and handle multiple tasks
- Capacity to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Competitive base according to experience with bonus potential
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement matching plan
- Please submit your resume, cover letters are welcomed too!
- Take our behavioral assessment – it’s only 2 questions.